An organization’s culture is developed, in most cases, through the activities of the people involved over time. The activities, by way of only a few examples may be:
- The way people speak to one another
- How they serve a customer
- The backdrop behind how decisions are made
- Empathy for customers and each other
- Or, from a long history of processes, procedures and policies
Sometimes a culture is borne out of an organizational creed, mission statement, prayer, or the leader in the organization.
It is entirely viable that a culture can attract people in the examples noted. “ABC company is a great company to work for,” one might hear. Do they pay high compensation? Do they give a lot of time off?